G T Mascolo OBE KCSG
Toni had contributed more than 55 years of expertise to the hairdressing industry. An aspirational figure recognised for changing the face of modern hairdressing.
He had been acknowledged by everyone from the prestigious Fellowship of British Hairdressers to Her Majesty the Queen. Below are some of his most outstanding highlights:
- Toni won the coveted title of London Entrepreneur 2000 in the Consumer Products and Services category of the London Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Toni had been a finalist in the Franchisor of the Year awards in both 2002 and 2003
- October 2006 Toni received an Italian Knighthood, the Cavalliere Ufficiale
- June 2008 Toni was awarded a Fibell award
- October 2008 Toni was awarded an honorary OBE for his services to British hairdressing
- February 2009, Toni was presented with a humanitarian award for his outstanding commitment to Charity at the Hair & Beauty Benevolent
- June 2009 Toni won two awards at the Sapphire Awards; Outstanding Contribution to Hairdressing and Franchisor of The Year award, an award he won for a second time in 2011
- December 2012 Toni was honoured by the Fellowship of British Hairdressing with a Life Time Achievement Award
- March 2013 Toni and his wife Pauline were honoured with the award of Knight & Dame Commander of Saint Gregory from the Catholic church, the honour was bestowed personally by The Vatican City and Pope Benedict XVI, before his retirement
- May 2013 Toni was announced as Honorary Professor for Durham University Business School
- October 2013 Toni was awarded by his younger brother Anthony the Alternative Hair & AIPP International Legend Award, jointly given by the Alternative Hair & AIPP (Hairdressing Trade Press International Association, Association Internationale Presse Professionnelle Coiffure). Only one other person has received this award to date.
- October 2015 for the second time Toni was Recognised as an Honorary Professor for Durham University Business School.
A true entrepreneur at heart, in addition to overseeing the most recognisable hairdressing brand, Toni had launched or has been involved with several independent projects outside of hairdressing such as coffee shops, IT and financial services and most recently his very own pasta sauce.