CEO Cavaliere Ufficiale G T Mascolo OBE KCSG
As CEO and co-founder of TONI&GUY, essensuals and label.m, Toni has contributed more than 50 years of expertise to the hairdressing industry. An aspirational figure recognised for changing the face of modern hairdressing, his achievements show no sign of stopping.
He has been acknowledged by everyone from the prestigious Fellowship of British Hairdressers to Her Majesty the Queen. Below are some of his most outstanding highlights:
- Toni won the coveted title of London Entrepreneur 2000 in the Consumer Products and Services category of the London Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
- Toni has also been a finalist in the Franchisor of the Year awards in both 2002 and 2003
- October 2006 Toni received an Italian Knighthood, the Cavalliere Ufficiale
- June 2008 Toni was awarded a Fibell award
- October 2008 Toni was awarded an honorary OBE for his services to British Hairdressing
- February 2009, Toni was presented with a humanitarian award for his outstanding commitment to Charity at the Hair & Beauty Benevolent
- June 2009 Toni won two awards at the Sapphire Awards; Outstanding Contribution to Hairdressing and Franchisor of The Year award, an award he won for a second time in 2011
- December 2012 honoured by the Fellowship of British Hairdressers with a Life time achievement Award
- March 2013 Toni and his wife Pauline Mascolo were honoured with the award of Knight & Dame Commander of Saint Gregory from the Catholic church, the honour was bestowed personally by The Vatican City and Pope Benedict XVI, before his recent retirement
- May 2013 saw Toni announced as ŒHonorary Professor for Durham University Business School and for the second time in October 2015
- October 2013 Toni was awarded by his own younger brother Anthony Mascolo an AH + AIPP International Legend Award, jointly given by the Alternative Hair + the AIPP (Hairdressing Trade Press International Association, Association Internationale Presse Professionnelle Coiffure). Only one other person has received this award to date.
- 2013 and 2015 – Recognised as an Honorary Professor for Durham University Business School. He also received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Fellowship for British Hairdressing Awards, as well as the AIPP International Legend Award
A true entrepreneur at heart, in addition to overseeing the most recognisable hairdressing brand, Toni has launched, or has been involved with, several independent projects such as coffee shops, IT and financial services, and most recently his very own pasta sauce.